By-law Enforcement Department proactively enforces the Town's parking rules and regulations.
Common Parking Regulations
- No Stopping Zones are not designated for stationary vehicles -- you many not stop nor park your vehicle in these designated areas. Please watch for signs.
- Bus Stops (Zones) are reserved for both municipal and school buses for the safe loading and unloading of passengers. Stopping or parking your vehicle during prohibited times (8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.) in a bus stop will result in fines.
- Commercial Loading Zones are reserved for commercial vehicles during the days and hours posted.
- Accessible Parking Zones are spaces/meters designated with a regulation sign bearing a wheelchair symbol are reserved for a driver/passenger with an accessible parking permit. These spaces are conveniently located to assist those with mobility issues.
- No Parking Areas allow only for brief stopping of vehicles while loading or unloading passengers.
- Parking near Intersections is not permitted within 9 metres of a corner or intersection.
- Winter Parking Regulations prohibit parking on any Town streets, municipal lots or Town property from November 1 to April 15, between the hours of 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. Overnight parking is permitted at the Bobby Orr Community Centre, 7 May Street, in the areas designated by signs.
There are several parking options in the downtown core. The Downtown Parking Map highlights all of these parking zones.
Council has recently approved a new free parking program in the dowtown core. Yes, parking is free, but there are some time limitations.
Paying a Parking Ticket
Parking tickets can be paid by mail or in person at:
Town of Parry Sound
52 Seguin St.
Parry Sound, Ontario
Payment of cash, debit or cheque is acceptable. Credit card payment is not available.
Disputing a Parking Ticket
To dispute a parking ticket, please complete a Request to Review a Parking Infraction Notice. This form can be printed, completed and submitted to the Town Office.