Skip to main content Skip to footer




Road Allowance Closure

The Town owns numerous road allowances which have not been developed with a road. A road allowance is land where a public road could be constructed if needed.

The Municipal Act allows municipalities to stop and close some road allowances, or some portions of road allowances. This involves Council approval, and all costs are to be covered by the applicant.

To close a road allowance, an application must be submitted. Any application is considered and evaluated by the Town. Please see the detailed process summary for further information.