Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip to Content

Commercial Permit Requirements


Jessie Langford
Administrative Assistant
52 Seguin Street
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1B4
Map this Location
T. (705) 746-2101 x225
F. (705) 746-7461
E-mail the Administrative Assistant

John Este
Chief Building Official
52 Seguin Street
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1B4
Map this Location
T. (705) 746-2101 x221
F. (705) 746-7461
E-mail the Chief Building Official

To obtain a building permit for a project that is not a house you must submit:

If you are making changes to your heating system, insulation or windows you must submit an Energy Efficiency Design Summary Form.

If you are making changes to or require a new water or sewer connection you must submit a Water and Sewer Connection Form.

The construction drawings shall be designed by a qualified and registered designer, architect, professional engineer or a combination thereof, depending on the scope of work.

Before submitting an application, you must ensure you comply with other applicable law.

Other approvals which may be required prior to receiving a building permit:

If you are erecting a sign or other advertising device within the Town of Parry Sound you may require a sign permit.

Urban Tree Canopy & Native Vegetation

The Town of Parry Sound has an Urban Tree Canopy and Native Vegetation Policy in place which guides the municipality in protecting and enhancing the tree canopy and natural vegetation.

This policy applies to all properties and development, on public or private lands, in the Town of Parry Sound. It is a resource which can be referred to and utilized as guiding principles for residential, commercial and public purposes.