Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip to Content

Sign Permits


If you are erecting a sign or other advertising device within the Town of Parry Sound you require a sign permit.

The sign by-law regulates sign permits. Submit a complete sign permit application to obtain a sign permit. If the sign you wish to use does not comply with our sign by-law you can submit an application for a council approved sign.

If you are making application for a sign on behalf of another company or individual, include a letter of authorization with your application.

New Sandwich Board Signs Regulations (May 2021)

All businesses within the Town of Parry Sound can now have ONE sandwich board sign without a permit!

Signs must be displayed in accordance with the following conditions:

  • Maximum 0.6 meters (2 feet) wide and 1.2 meters (4 feet) in height.
  • Permitted to be displayed from April 1st to November 30th each calendar year.
  • Permitted on a sidewalk if 1.2 meters (4 feet) of clear space can be maintained.
  • Shall be in front of, and appurtenant to, the business for which it is advertising.
  • Shall not be displayed, or remain on municipal property, when the business in not open.
  • Must be kept in a good state of repair.
  • Shall not be affixed or attached to municipal property.
  • Shall not interfere with the use of the sidewalk or road by pedestrians or vehicles and shall not create a safety hazard.

Additional sandwich board signs may be permitted but an application must be submitted and is subject to approval.