Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip to Content

Commissioner of Oaths and Certified Copies


Rob Mens
Chief Administrative Officer
52 Seguin Street
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1B4
Map this Location
T. (705) 746-2101 x215
F. (705) 746-7461
E-Mail the CAO

Do you need a document commissioned or want to get something photocopied and certified a true copy?

The Administration Department offers the services of a Commissioner of Oaths to witness signatures for certain documents and also to certify true copies of your documents. 

We strongly advise that you call the Administration Department to book an appointment with the Clerk. This will ensure there is someone available to commission your oath or to make your certified copies.

You will need photo identification when you bring in your documents for commissioning and all documents must be signed in front of the Commissioner of Oaths.

The Clerk must make the photocopies in order to certify them to be true copies.

Also note that our commissioners do not sign wills, living wills, power of attorney, divorce, separation or custody agreements or real estate transactions.

There is a fee applicable, payable by cash or debit, for certified copies and commissioning.