Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip to Content



The Town does not have a by-law regulating cats. The Town does work with residents to reduce cat nuisance issues and the overpopulation of cats.

Nuisance Cats Deterrent Program

Residents can borrow a device called "Cat Stop" to deter cats from their property. The "Cat Stop" emits an ultrasonic sound that startles the cats and teaches them to stay away from the area.

Spay and Neuter Program

The Town runs a Spay and Neuter program. Local residents have 2 options:

  1. The Town provides a subsidy program for persons with limited financial resources. To qualify for this program, residents must be pre approved and proof of income is required. The Town will pay for half of the surgery. This program is also available for dogs. You must fill out the form and receive approval prior to making a spay/neuter appointment for your pet.
  2. The annual Spay Neuter Event. Parry Sound residents can have their pet spayed/neutered at a high volume spay neuter clinic or receive a $100.00 voucher to have their pet spayed/neutered at a local veterinarian. The By-law Enforcement Department provides the transportation to the high volume clinic and the resident pays for the surgery. This program is for cats only.

Feral Cat Program

The Town will provide assistance to local residents who wish to trap, spay/neuter, and release feral cats (TNT). The Town will not be responsible for the feral cat colony. The Town will assist in the following capacity:  provide educational materials on TNT; loan traps to residents in the area to trap the feral cats and  pay for the surgery of the feral cats.

Abandoned Cats

To make a complaint about an abandoned cat(s) contact the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals at 310-SPCA (7722) or 1-888-668-7722 or by email