Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.
Skip to Content



Town of Parry Sound Municipal Office sign

If you plan to build or place a structure on the Town's right of way, you are required to complete the Town of Parry Sound Encroachment Application.

Examples of structures include:

  • Fences;
  • Retaining walls; and
  • Landscaping features such as decorative rocks and paving stones.

Permission will be granted only if the structure does not affect the Public Works Department's winter maintenance program or any other maintenance or operational programs.

If the encroachment application is approved, you will be required to enter into an encroachment agreement with the Town. No work can begin until the agreement is signed.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Public Works Department.