If you are erecting a sign or other advertising device within the Town of Parry Sound you require a sign permit.
The sign by-law regulates sign permits. Submit a complete sign permit application to obtain a sign permit. If the sign you wish to use does not comply with our sign by-law you can submit an application for a council approved sign.
If you are making application for a sign on behalf of another company or individual, include a letter of authorization with your application.
New Sandwich Board Signs Regulations (May 2021)
All businesses within the Town of Parry Sound can now have ONE sandwich board sign without a permit!
Signs must be displayed in accordance with the following conditions:
- Maximum 0.6 meters (2 feet) wide and 1.2 meters (4 feet) in height.
- Permitted to be displayed from April 1st to November 30th each calendar year.
- Permitted on a sidewalk if 1.2 meters (4 feet) of clear space can be maintained.
- Shall be in front of, and appurtenant to, the business for which it is advertising.
- Shall not be displayed, or remain on municipal property, when the business in not open.
- Must be kept in a good state of repair.
- Shall not be affixed or attached to municipal property.
- Shall not interfere with the use of the sidewalk or road by pedestrians or vehicles and shall not create a safety hazard.
Additional sandwich board signs may be permitted but an application must be submitted and is subject to approval.