To find out what your collection day is please see the Curbside Collection Schedule.
- Residents and businesses not located in Downtown Business Association District must place waste curbside by 7:00 a.m.
- Businesses located in the Downtown Business Area only must place waste at curbside by 8:30 a.m.;
- Single homes allowed 2 free bags plus 1 bag with pre-paid garbage tag attached;
- Apartments and rooming houses allowed 1free bag plus 1 bag with pre-paid garbage tag attached;
- Businesses allowed 5 free bags plus 3 bags with pre-paid garbage tags attached;
- Waste is collected on statutory holidays except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. See Important Dates for Public Works Services; and
- Garbage tags can be bought at the Town Office and Hillcrest Grocers at 108 William Street.
Recycling program is 2-stream.
- Paper products and plastic products alternate weekly as shown on the Collection Calendar or in the Curbside Recycling Schedule in Accessible Format.
- For a list of what is acceptable see Curbside List of Acceptable Waste and Recycling.
- New residents can pick up 2 free blue boxes at the Town office.