Skip to main content Skip to footer




Hosting A Special Event

Event planning

If you are using a Town facility and require the use of Town equipment or need support, a special event planner must be completed and returned to our office a minimum of 3 months prior to your event.

Events serving alcohol

Are you planning on serving alcohol at your event? The sale of liquor is governed by the Alcohol, Lottery and Gaming Commission of Ontario. Anyone wishing to serve alcohol must be in possession of a special occasions permit. Special occasion permit applications are available at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario.


All events require general public liability naming the Town of Parry Sound as additional insured. Policies should be no less than $2 million. Should your event involve a liquor licence, party alcohol liability insurance is required, and must name the Town of Parry Sound as additional insured. In order to provide top notch service, the Town is able to provide insurance quotes for events taking place in or on town property. To request a quote, contact the Leisure Services Coordinator a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your event.

Events on roadways & road closure applications

Does your event involve a road closure? Are you planning on using a municipal roadway or sidewalk as part of your event? If yes, an application must be completed and returned a minimum of 30 days prior to your event.

Food service at special events

Will food be served at your special event? If yes, you will need to contact the North Bay - Parry Sound District Health Unit directly, as there are application forms to be completed. For more information, please contact the local office at 705-746-5801.

Safety and security

If your event requires security (paid duty OPP, or overnight security), it is your responsibility to contract these services directly. First aid support should be part of every special event plan. It is your responsibility to ensure first aid coverage at your event.