Downtown Parry Sound
Here Are 5+ Reasons Businesses Love Operating In Downtown Parry Sound:
Downtown Parry Sound is bustling: vibrant, clean, and secure, a place to showcase local talent, and an environment where residents, cottagers, and visitors alike stroll welcoming streets to visit trendy restaurants and unique retail locations. Lovingly preserved heritage buildings provide a scenic backdrop for a revitalized downtown that is both a cultural hub and tourist hotspot.
1. Successful Business Ventures
Join one of our already successful key industries: define your niche as a new business venture or relocate your existing business to enjoy the benefits of being part of a prospering downtown core with the year round cottage lifestyle you've always desired.
2. Accessible Beachfront & Affordable Property
At the heart of Ontario's cottage country, Georgian Bay beaches are a must-see family attraction - located only 2 hours from both Toronto and Sudbury. Live in town on an affordable large property - and run your company close to home amidst a stable core of businesses. You, too, will take lunch breaks in the park and evening walks along the waterfront trails.
3. Council Support
Experience strong, progressive town council support for the business community. The Parry Sound Community is excited to embrace newer trends and technologies. Visitors and locals alike benefit from the tourism opportunities in the central business district.
4. Recent Improvements
- Upgraded municipal infrastructure includes water/sewer, natural gas and fibre
- Free parking with the approval of the downtown complimentary parking program
- Construction of new public washrooms (a $200,000 investment)
- Review underway of the sign by-law, in effort to further help businesses
- Establishment of a Downtown Beautification sub-committee to strengthen shopper's connection to retail spaces
5. Sustainable Future
In 2016, a Downtown Steering Committee was established, with a mandate to provide stewardship to the Downtown Sustainability Plan, dated May 3, 2016, ensuring the long-term viability of the downtown, creating the environment that customers, residents and business owners desire.
View a map of the Downtown Business Improvement Area.
Visit the Downtown Parry Sound Business Association website.