Businesses Who Do Well Here
Who's Already Here?
A growing market for small businesses: work near a place you & your employees love to live. Young business partners are moving to Parry Sound a region they love, and starting their businesses in a family-friendly environment.
- Brenda and Matt Ryan of FAD Architects
- Dave Fusek and Chris Pettinger of Trestle Brewing Company Limited
- Dan DiNicolo and Jessica Vergeer of 18 James Street Studio and Jessica Vergeer Studios
- Van and Josh of North of Muskoka
- Aleesha and Thomas of Parry Sound Bikes
Manufacturers in Parry Sound have access to northern natural resources, while being close enough to urban centres to get good transport logistics.
- Gerhard and Gabrielle Latka of Crofters Organic, producers of organic fruit spreads
- Connor Industries, boat building and manufacturing
- Cedarland Homes, cottage design and manufacture
Artists flourish, among a large art community and quaint spaces to showcase their work; Parry Sound attracts art-enthusiasts all year round.
- Jessica Vergeer, clothes designer and gallery
- Collaborators of the Made in Parry Sound initiative
- Members of Artists Round the Sound (ARTS)
Start your venture among a thriving business community
Conduct ecological research in the world's largest freshwater archipelago. The Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve contains unique species, habitats and terrain suitable to various fields of research.
- Research groups from the University of Waterloo have sampled water from Parry Sound's lakes
- Researchers from McMaster University studied habitat conservation for Blanding turtles at Parry Sound
Shooting on location at Parry Sound, there's natural scenery, heritage buildings, and friendly locals that support the film industry.
- Episodes of Eyewitness (Starring Morgan Freeman and James Paxton) were shot in Parry Sound
- Northern Rescue (A CBC series starring William Baldwin) was shot in Parry Sound
- Wickensburg (starring Denise Richards) was shot in Parry Sound
- No film permit fees
Learn more about shooting on location in Parry Sound.