Trails Master Plan
The Town of Parry Sound received a Trails Master Plan on November 17, 2015. The Trails Master Plan is a comprehensive document which identifies all walking, hiking, biking, ATVing and snowmobiling trails in the Town of Parry Sound. The ATVing component will be considered in the future via a separate by-law.
The Plan recommends future routes and linkages which will benefit members of the community, public health, the environment and the economy. It is a long term plan with many strategic goals, as well as many short term goals.
Some of the specific recommendations include:
- Priority areas for sidewalks, including routes to schools and along busy roads;
- Signage and other measures to promote safe use;
- Bike lanes/trails on main arterial/collector roads;
- Looping the Waterfront/Fitness Trail;
- Identifying a possible ATV thoroughfare route through Town;
- Connecting trail systems to neighbouring municipalities; and
- Expanding upon the existing snowmobile trail network.
The Plan can be found here on the Town's website or by contacting Town staff.