- Loading Zones allow for brief stopping of vehicles while loading or unloading passengers. Vehicles left unattended and/or not in the act of unloading will be ticketed.
- No Stopping Zones are not designated for stationary vehicles -- you may not stop or park your vehicle in these designated areas.
- Bus Loading Zones are reserved for school buses for the safe loading and unloading of passengers. Stopping or parking your vehicle during prohibited times (8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) in a bus loading zone will result in a parking violation.
- Accessible Parking Zones are parking spaces with a regulation sign bearing a wheelchair symbol. These spaces are reserved for a driver/passenger with an accessible parking permit and are conveniently located to assist those with mobility issues.
- Fire Hydrants parking in not permitted within 3 meters of a fire hydrant.
- Intersections parking is not permitted within 9 metres of an intersection.
By-law Enforcement Department proactively enforces the Town's parking rules and regulations.
Paying a Parking Ticket
Parking tickets can now be paid online by clicking on the link above. You will need the number found at the top of your parking ticket to search for your ticket and make a payment.
Parking tickets can also be paid by mail or in person at:
Town of Parry Sound
52 Seguin St.
Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1B4
For in person payments cash, debit or cheque is accepted. Mailed in payments must be made by cash or cheque only.
Parking is "Free" for patrons of the downtown! There is a 2 hour time limit on all municipal streets and a 4 hour time limit in the municipal parking lots. All day parking is available on several streets. The Downtown Parking Map highlights these long term parking areas.
Winter Parking Regulations
Parking is prohibited on any Town streets, municipal lots or Town property from November 1st to April 15th, between the hours of 3:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Overnight parking is permitted at the Bobby Orr Community Centre, 7 May Street, in the areas designated by signs.
PARKING PERMITS FOR 2024 ARE ON SALE AS OF FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST AT 8:30 AM
ONLY ONE PERMIT SPOT MAY BE PURCHASED PER PERSON
Spaces are limited and will sell out quickly.
A limited number of parking permits are available to purchase on a monthly or yearly basis in our downtown municipal parking lots. They are available on a first come first served basis for a fee of $30.00/month. Please contact the Town office at 705-746-2101 to determine availability.
Overnight parking is not permitted at the Boat Launches without a permit. Permits are available for Champagne Street and Mill Lake Boat Launches only. Please see link below to purchase an overnight parking permit.