Accessibility Requirements for Town Suppliers of Goods and Services
Accessibility Regulations for Contracted Services/ Third Party Providers
In accordance with the AODA and municipal training policy, contracted and third party service providers who deal with members of the public; or participate in the developing of the service providers' policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to members of the public, shall receive training for providing goods and / or services to persons with disabilities.
Training shall include:
Legislative and municipal policies training
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005;
- Ontario Regulation 429/07, Accessibility Standards for Customer Service;
- Ontario regulation 191/11, Integrated Accessibility Standards; and
- Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities.
- Accessible Customer Service training will include:
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability;
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a guide animal, or a support person;
- How to use equipment that is available on the premises that may help in the provision of goods and services;
- What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing the provider's goods or services; and
Information on the policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to people with disabilities.
An executed declaration is required prior to commencement of work that the contracted or third party provider has, or will, train their employees.
The following links will assist with the above training:
Town of Parry Sound
52 Seguin Street
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1B4
T. (705) 746-2101
F. (705) 746-7461
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM ET
Closed on statutory holidays