What is accessibility? It simply means giving people of all abilities opportunities to participate fully in everyday life.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act was passed in 2005. Its goal is to make Ontario Accessible for people with disabilities by 2025. Learn more about how accessibility benefits everyone in Ontario.
Need help finding Services in Parry Sound:
211 Central East Services offers information on community businesses and services.
Local Service Providers:
Please find below a list of local service providers that provide services to seniors and persons with a disability:
- The Friends: providing accessible housing, support services and seniors programs
- North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit: Promote healthy lifestyles including nutrition, active living, reproductive, sexual and dental health, and child development.
- Ontario Camp of the Deaf: offers programs for children in high school, elementary and special needs each summer programs
- CNIB Camp: offers rehabilitation support anyone who is partially blind or completely blind.
- West Parry Sound District Community Support Services: provide information and assistance to individuals and groups seeking help for age-related issues, i.e., meals on wheels, transportation
- Community Living - Parry Sound: promotes and facilitates the full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people who have a developmental disability.
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Muskoka - Parry Sound: provide free mental health services to adults including crisis intervention, counselling, rehabilitation, recovery support, psychiatric treatment, partner assault housing support and a protective service program.
- RISE: Resource Centre for Independent Living: non-profit, charitable organization since 1988 based in Parry Sound offering resources, information, peer support, referrals, and empowerment to persons with disabilities. Our flag-ship program "Direct Funding - Self-Managed Attendant Services Program" allows persons with permanent physical disabilities to hire, train, and manage their own attendant services. We work with each person to help design an budget that is provincially funded and will last the rest of their lives.