Submitting a Complaint
The Town of Parry Sound is committed to provide customer service in a fair, respectful and transparent manner. If you feel we failed to provide service or made a mistake, feedback regarding the incident is welcomed.
The Customer Service Feedback Policy details how your complaint will be addressed through the stages of resolutions - local resolution, service investigation and corporate review.
It is recommended you review the below information in it's entirety prior to submitting a complaint. If the information is incomplete, it could affect the outcome or delay in a response.
Submitting a Complaint
The following information is required when submitting a complaint:
- Details of what happened - date, who, when, where.
- Who was involved?
- What was said or done?
- What kind of resolution is being sought?
- Complainant contact information.
All complaints are subject to appropriate rules of common courtesy. A complaint using offensive words and/or name calling will not receive a response.
What is a complaint?
" Any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about our services, employees or policies."
A complaint could include one or more of the following problems:
- We delay in providing a core service outside of Town policy
- We fail or refuse to provide a core service
- We provide a poor quality core service or make a mistake
- We provide an inappropriate service
- We remove or withdraw a core service
- We charge an inappropriate cost for a core service
- An employee's behaviour causes upset
- A policy unreasonably disadvantages a customer
- We unfairly discriminate against a customer
- A customer is unable to access a core service
Ready to submit a complaint?
Customer Service Compliments and Complaints Form
Mayor, Council, and Boards and Committee members are subject to the Council Code of Conduct. A complaint pertaining to a breach of this code is dealt with by contacting the Integrity Commissioner, who is an armslength "investigator".
All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act.
Town of Parry Sound
52 Seguin Street
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1B4
T. (705) 746-2101
F. (705) 746-7461
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM ET
Closed on statutory holidays